Progressing to the Future,
No Going Back!
Sign in to join John Sammon's fan club.
10 Reasons Why Republicans are Close-Minded
I talked to another Republican who wants to ignore the eight years of Bush and blame Obama for everything. I just threw up my hands. I realized it's hopeless. There will never be any progress in health care or anything except doomsday weapons with people like this guy around.
You can't reason with people like this.
Here are 10 reasons why you can't reason with them.
1. They believe there has never been a Republican wrong about anything. If they are proven wrong in their viewpoint, they'll deny it. They believe it's impossible for American policy toward other countries to be wrong, if the policy was enacted by Republicans.
2. Republicans, mostly white men, consider black Americans, Mexican Americans and women to be inferior. They consider them inferior in this order (bottom most inferior):
A. Women (white women).
Yet, they need women for purposes of sex, those Republicans who aren't gay. Also, Republicans don't mind picking a person of color as a token to dispel the notion that they are racist.
3. Republicans don't believe in freedom of speech. Anybody who has an opinion they don't like they heckle or shout down. They don't believe in the Constitution. Anybody who wants to do something different they call a traitor.
4. The Republican Party, the white man's party, are champions of the double standard. For example, they constantly brand social programs as socialistic giveaways because the programs help those whom they consider inferior, but they don't mind spending billions forever nation-building in Iraq, giving money to those they consider inferior (Arabs). As long as it's a war of conquest or building a colony overseas, it's not wasteful spending. If it's here in this country and spent on the poor or immigrants, it's wasteful spending.
5. A Republican harps on the cost of everything, but knows the value of nothing. An older Republican will call you a subversive if you're liberal, but doesn't throw his Social Security check in the trash, a check made possible by liberals. The Republican spends the Social Security check.
6. Republicans love to castigate others for being unpatriotic, yet far fewer Republicans in Congress have served in the military than Democrats. Elected Republican officials love to carp about family values, yet they are at least on par with Democrats when it comes to adultery, gay, rough and group sex, and pursuing under-age boys in the men's room.
7. Very few Republicans have read a history book. George Bush Senior said Pearl Harbor happened on September 6, 1941 , and Ronald Reagan laid a wreath in a German cemetery commemorating victims of the Holocaust only to find out it contained SS members of the Gestapo. He laid the wreath anyway. George Bush Junior compared Iraq with its attack helicopters to American independence in 1776.
8. Republicans not only didn't learn from Watergate, they actually admired it, and have tirelessly developed secret government ever since, including the art of "Plausible deniability," first coined by Reagan. Republicans fervently believe in secret government.
9. Republicans don't believe in a two-party system, though it worked fairly well for all its failures and foibles up until the time Republicans began listening to the whacked out psychotic extremists in their party. They make Barry Goldwater look like a Bolshevik.
10. Republicans believe that God is a Republican who looks like John Wayne. This makes reasoning with them very difficult.
Article submitted Saturday, August 08, 2009 & read 23418 times.
Leave your comments through Kerplop:
Copyright © 2012 IcoLogic, Inc.