Progressing to the Future,
No Going Back!
Sign in to join Tex Norman's fan club.
Psycho Zone: Conspiracy Theories and Obama
When I was a kid I loved the Twilight Zone. It implied each episode that people, in ordinary every day real life, could sometimes wander into a zone where the ordinary fell away and only strange scary stuff was going on. I sometimes feel like that is what is happening to me now: I’ve wondered into this zone where there is a lot of psycho talk and whacky-brained beliefs.
I was in junior high school the first time I ever heard of the Flat Earth Society. That there were people who claimed they really believed the earth was flat, was, well stunningly silly to me. Over time I found out that infinity actually exists and one proof of infinity is the endless number of crazy ideas and conspiracy theories that people believe.
- · Dozens of Freemasonry conspiracies
- · Skull and Bones conspiracies
- · Trilateral Commission conspiracies
- · The Illuminati conspiracies
- · Bloodlines of Jesus conspiracies
- · Faked moon landing (filmed in Arizona) conspiracies
- · The missing or found Arch of the Covenant conspiracies
- · UFO/Area 51, Roswell/Alien abduction conspiracies
- · Paul McCartney is dead.
- · Elvis is not dead.
- · Andy Kaufman faked his death
- · Tupac Shakur faked his death
- · Eric Von Daniken and ancient alien artifices
- · The assassination of Lincoln, JFK, Bobby Kennedy
- · The death of John Kennedy
- · The hollow earth theory
- · Aids is man made to kill black people
- · The government wants to implant microchips in people to serve to eliminate money and credit cards but also to track your movements and invade your privacy
- · The Obama White House vegetable garden is fake. These conspiracy theorists claim there is no way the Obama plants could have gotten so big in 90 days. The conspirators claim government men in black sneak out at night and replace the dead plants with health mature plants. This is Watercress-gate I guess.
There are two new conspiracies that bug me worse than George Bush’s secret program to tap American’s phone calls without needing a warrant.
1. Obama was not born in America. The Birthers,
as they are called, refuse to believe that Obama was born in Hawaii. Chris Matthews holds up a copy of the birth certificate and a Congressman looks at it and still questions Obama’s place of birth. Have we actually gotten to the place where a candidate has to ask for millions of copies of his or her birth certificate and then to mail those millions of copies out to each and every registered voter? What happened to having the media or some person with a history of honesty looking into something reporting it back to the rest of us, and his or her report settling the matter?
Obviously, if you don’t want to believe something no fact is going to change your mind.
2. The Health Reform Bill is a liberal Democrat secret plan to kill old people. This might make sense except that there are a lot of old liberal Democrat Party Congressmen. Wouldn’t the self interest of these senior citizen liberal Democratic Party law makers be against such a provision? Of course, I am making the mistake that logic has a snowball’s chance in an Oklahoma summer of convincing anyone in love with baseless illogical allegations.
Article submitted Friday, July 31, 2009 & read 835 times.
Leave your comments through Kerplop:
Copyright © 2012 IcoLogic, Inc.